Zero Waste Week is a week full of fun events that will promote waste habit awareness and education on how to reduce the waste that we produce. The events that we have lined up include:
- Our Zero Waste Challenge, where students are asked to carry the waste that they end up with during the week. The point of this challenge is to get students thinking about how much they throw away and how it causes negative impacts on our planet. To sign up for the challenge click this link! Join us this week in the SU Foyer to sign up for the Zero Waste Challenge!
- Our Zero Waste Week Kick Off!, will showcase this challenge and all the other events that are happening during the week. We will also be watching The Story Of Stuff ft. Annie Leonard to look at the “big picture” of how our items are made, consumed, and then thrown away. This event will take place in the Stevenson Union Room 319 from 12:30-1:20pm on Monday, January 29th
- We will also be having a DIY Zero Waste in the Home event to show small ways students can eliminate waste in their homes. There will be free samples and recipes that students can take home and try out! This event will take place in the Stevenson Union Foyer from 12:30-1:20pm on Tuesday, January 30th
- We are partnering with the Ashland Food Co-op to bring you Eating Right for Budget and Planet which is a fun workshop to show students that shopping cheap and cooking on the fly can be possible while having sustainability on the mind! This event will take place in the Rogue River Room in the Stevenson Union from 5:30-7:00pm on Wednesday, January 31st
- On Thursday, February 1st at 6:00-9:00pm in Taylor Hall Room 28/31 we will be hosting The Clean Bin Project Film Screening.This film is brought to you by the same couple who made Just Eat It and is based around the same idea as our Zero Waste Challenge!
- Finally, on Friday, February 2nd at 12:30-1:20pm in the Stevenson Union Room 314, we will be hosting Zero Waste Week’s Wrap Up & Weigh In event where students, faculty, and staff who participated in the Challenge can weigh their waste and reflect on their experience. Prizes will be handed out at the end of the event!
For more information please contact email@example.com